Course Planners Notes – new!
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR COURSES 1 AND 2:Brandywine Falls Provincial Park does not have a dense trail network. Courses 1 and 2 therefore include TAPED SECTIONS to connect between trails. Please ensure your child knows that when they see this symbolon the control descriptions, it means they must follow the pink and green tapes for 100m to the next control.One of the rides used on courses 1 and 2 is distinct to the trained eye, but less so for the uninitiated. This ride is also taped, though less densely than for truly off-trail sections.If parents are concerned about their child’s ability/safety, they are more than welcome to “shadow” their child. Please let the registrar know as soon as possible, so that you may be assigned an early start time for your run, and a late/open start time for your child’s run.
Shoes:Shoes with good grip are highly recommended.
- Please be careful on the rocky terrain! Even in the dry, the small rocks underfoot can cause twisted ankles. In the wet, slippery rocks covered by a thin layer of moss may prove to be your (literal) downfall.
- We are in black bear country. Please be bear aware.
- Consider carrying bear spray
- Stay away from the following:
- The railway line – do not cross, walk along, or approach within 25m
- Brandywine Creek – do not cross except using the bridge between the parking lot and the start/finish, do not approach – stay away from cliff areas
- Stay away from the highway
Brandywine Falls Provincial Park main parking lot.
Accessed from Hwy #99 going either direction. Signing not immensely brilliant.
Courses And Classes
The recommended winning time is the time that the fastest (elite) athlete would take to complete the course. A lower-intermediate level participant may take 2-3 times as long!