This isn’t just the BC Championships…
its an orienteering festival and everyone is invited!
Just $116 all in for 4 events, banquet and accommodation in Whistler!
Do you prefer to walk the course? Do you orienteer just for fun? Don’t feel you are ready for championship level competition yet? Do you want to try the course with a friend or as family group?
Registering into our Open classes allows you to join in the fun and experience championship level competition and the great Whistler terrain, but allows you to select a course matching your preferred speed, length and technical difficulty. Open class participants can also change their course over the weekend to make the orienteering easier or harder!
Our open classes are Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert – each course increasing in length and technical difficulty. For details of course length and estimated/recommended winning time (the time it will take the fastest competitor to finish), see take a look at the details on each race page.
The table below describes the open class courses in terms of technical difficulty. The description is more applicable to Middle and Long – the sprint is an urban sprint (like a WET).
- For information about each course length and recommended winning time, check out the information for each race.
- Recreational orienteers will likely require significantly longer to complete the course than the recommended winning time!
- Open class entrants may change their course over the weekend. Please check with registration first to change your entry in the computer and check that we have sufficient maps!
- Open class winners don’t receive prizes or medals, but we do publish and print results and the experience is otherwise identical to championship classes.
- Open class entry is $10-15 cheaper than championship class entry for adults – thats just $107 for an adult entry to all races, banquet and accommodation during early bird pricing!
- Children under the age of 11 may join a parent on an open course for free